Wireless Printing

michaelburnett 20:03 09 Dec 08

In my office we currently run 4 laptops with a 3G embedded connection for internet access(each laptop also has a 802.11 wireless card), we all use indvidual printers through USB ports. I am hoping to alter this to one central wireless printer. Can anyone advise the best route to achieve my requirements and any networking hardware I will require? I have read a few articles on various websites and some have detailed I will require a wireless print server, as we do not have a local network in the office will this still be the case?

Any help is appreciated.

ambra4 21:39 09 Dec 08

“I will require a wireless print server, as we do not have a local network in the office will this

still be the case?”

Look at this Wireless printer server, which is connected to the USB port on the printer, it will

allow you to send items to print from the wireless 802.11g wireless card in the laptops

Belkin Wireless-G All in One Print Server

click here

michaelburnett 07:55 10 Dec 08

Thanks, Will this allow all 4 laptops to print without the other laptops being present?

ambra4 08:41 10 Dec 08

“Will this allow all 4 laptops to print without the other laptops being present?”

Yes, All laptop can print once it’s set up to access the printer server

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…