Wireless Printing

Forum Member2 11:23 02 Nov 08

Hi,

I recently set my grandparents up on their first computer, is a toshiba laptop running Win XP Home as has AVG Antivirus, Office 2003 and a HP Deskjet F300. They also have a netgear wireless router, at the momment everytime they want to print they have to plug the printer in via USB, I wanted to install wireless printing but have never done so before, I'm really technical but have never understood how a wireless print server works and which one to buy.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to setup a wireless print server

Thanks

Forum Member 2

ambra4 13:05 02 Nov 08

Take a read it might help you to install the wireless printer server

Wireless USB Print Server User Guide

click here

ambra4 13:11 02 Nov 08

This might also help

Adding a Wireless Print Server to Your Network

click here

mgmcc 15:00 02 Nov 08

You don't necessarily need to use a "wireless" print server. If you have a wireless router, you can connect a "wired" print server to that and still print "wirelessly", because the Laptop is connecting wirelessly to the router. Unless you have a particular need for the print server to be a "wireless" device (e.g. it has to be located remotely from the router), it adds an additional complexity to the network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…