Wireless Printing

prb 14:46 07 Dec 07

Is there an adaptor than can be plugged into a USB printer to allow 'wireless printing'? At the moment if I want to print from my laptop across our wireless network, I have to turn on the desktop PC into which the printer is wired.

Any recommendations appreiciated

Thanks

Kemistri 15:28 07 Dec 07

Yes, dozens. Trawl over eBuyer, Dabs, or whatever. I use a Belkin all-in-one hub that includes a print server.

Kemistri 15:31 07 Dec 07
  prb 15:17 09 Dec 07

Thanks for the responses - is there anything a little cheaper? I was hoping there would be some form of wireless USB dongle that I could just plug into the back of my printer - and be able to use it across the network. A hub for 5 devices is therefore a little overkill, and I would also struggle to hardwire a hub back into the wireless router as the router is located next to the master BT box in the hall - computer and printer is upstairs with no phone line therefore no option for moving the router.

Am I lokoing for something that doesn't exist?

Thanks

Paul

Kemistri 15:47 09 Dec 07

That's quite cheap for a decent print server, never mind a multi-function box! Added up, it's a steal. click here See what I mean?

Kemistri 15:49 09 Dec 07

And a bunch of wired servers. click here

prb 22:59 09 Dec 07

Thanks for your help,

PRB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…