Wireless Printing

milkybarkid 09:09 30 Sep 05

I have a laptop with a PCMCIA card that I use to connect to the net via a router in my upstairs office. I have shared the printer upstairs but its a pain in the rear to collect items that I have printed.
Is there a way of setting up a printer downstairs wirelessly to save wearing my legs out? What kit do I need?

TomG 09:17 30 Sep 05

You can buy a print server quite cheaply - I know that Belkin do one, the only thing is that the servers don't work with all printers.

Just have a look here at www. expansys.com

Taff36 09:21 30 Sep 05

Stating the obvious - you need a wireless enabled printer which can sit in a corner downstairs. The alternative is to connect a printer (USB) to your computer in the traditional way. click here for example.

interzone55 09:52 30 Sep 05

This is what you need, just check it works with your printer...
click here

milkybarkid 10:30 30 Sep 05

Have decided. Will get the Belkin Print Server and the HP1610. Thanks again.

milkybarkid 10:41 30 Sep 05

Is there a device that will act as a wireless print server (like the Belkin) but will also be able to run a set of speakers? In other words I would like to run some external speakers wirelessly as well.

interzone55 20:28 30 Sep 05

The music is a separate issue. Network music servers are quite expensive at the moment, try this one...
click here

It's a combined DVD / Wireless media player

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…