wireless printers

Damarc 19:07 19 Feb 09

I have non wireless pc attached to a sky wireless router and a wireless laptop. I have a Canon Pixma ip3500 wired to the pc and would like to have the availability of a wireless printer. I don't suppose there is a wireless kit for the Canon is there? Otherwise could I set up a new wireless printer with it attached by cable to the old pc but with the availability of wireless connection to the laptop?

karmgord 19:19 19 Feb 09

I use a d-link wireless print server,it will work with any usb printer,although some things are n't available due to lack of bi directional support

laurie53 20:06 19 Feb 09

I have a wireless printer with a wired connection to my PC and wireless to my laptop which works no problem.

However, as karmgord says, you may not get all the functions available wirelessly.

For instance, I cannot scan from the laptop, only the PC.

Damarc 09:22 20 Feb 09

I don't know what wireless printers come with. Do they need something separate to the normal wireless router that I've got from sky? How do they recognise the router? I'm not fussed about scanning etc., it just the printing that I would like get without having to switch the old pc on all the time and being able to print documents from my laptop without using a memory stick from laptop to pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced