Wireless printer suggestions please.

kev-a 18:58 19 Aug 06

H,
I have recently brought my first Laptop and want to add a wireless printer and maybe scanner later.
I am connected via a Lynksys WAG54GS router on BT Option 2 8mb using my Laptops WLAN.
I want to stay with Lynksys for the print server if possible so any suggestions for Model of print server and the printer.
Have used Epson wired printers in the past.
Ta

ArrGee 22:48 19 Aug 06

Is this what you are looking for?
click here

woodchip 23:10 19 Aug 06

Printer yes, Scanner NO. As there is no point anyway as you have to go load things in the scanner to scan

woodchip 23:12 19 Aug 06

PS a printer will work from any computer on the network provided the computer that the printer is plugged into is switched on. They do need to be Networked to do this. This is different to connecting to the internet

ArrGee 23:26 19 Aug 06

From what I understand, you don't have to have the printer connected to a pc. So long as you have the correct drivers installed in the 'print from' machine, all is fine.

ArrGee 23:27 19 Aug 06

Basically something akin to this schematic
click here

ArrGee 23:30 19 Aug 06

HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One Wireless Printer, Scanner, Copier & Fax
click here

woodchip 23:31 19 Aug 06

You do have to have it connected if you do not have a print server. And the computers are Networked. You can do without a server if you do the above and are prepared to leave the comp on that the printer is connected to

woodchip 23:33 19 Aug 06

As above the scanner will not work on a printer server or Network

kev-a 23:33 19 Aug 06

Getting there i think, Looking into it a bit deeper it would appear that linksys don't have a print server at present that supports WPA so looks like another brand is on the horizon...
I thought about Blue toothing the printer ???
Thanks for the link ArrGee may have to get summit like that !!!

ArrGee 23:40 19 Aug 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant