wireless printer probs

mufffin 19:40 07 Jul 05

I have a home network set up and the internet connection works fine on all three computers in the network the problem is trying to print documents using the network printer.the printer is connected to the main computer and prints ok from the main computer but when i am using th e laptop in a different room (wirelessly connected)it wont print anything from it.I have bought a guide book on the subject but that was a waste of money.can anyone help? my daughter is complaining tthat we might as well not have the system if she has to keep leaving homework projects to go off and print them as opposed to ptinting them thru the wireless network,I am now almost convinced that she is right .HELP please .muffin

retep888 01:13 08 Jul 05

I suppose you have run the network wizard on each pc,and enabled file and printer sharing.

Now go to the main pc, Click start > printer&faxes > right click printer icon > sharing > tick share this printer(give it a name if you want to) > ok > now you should see a hand beneath the icon.

Now on your daughter's laptop, Click start > connect to > show all connections > click my network places on the left > click view workgroup computers > double click the main pc's icon > double click the network printer's icon.

A message will warn you that you're about to install the printer driver,> click install > then a bar will appear beneath it showing it's networked.

You can repeat the procedure on other pcs if needed.

HTH

Strawballs 23:08 09 Jul 05

If all the computer are seeing each other you have to go to the main computer then start>settings>printers right click your printer and make sure that it is set up for sharing then go to the laptop do the same except once you are on printers click on add printer when it asks if it is a network printer click on yes and when it asks for the network pathway click browse (make sure that the main computer is on and the printer) and it should find the printer then set it up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…