Wireless printer not detected

weebil 17:17 PM 29 Jan 12

Trying unsuccessfully to install a Kodak Hero 5.1 printer. Previous Epson printer had installed with no problems. Doing all the right things, the Hero 5.1 successfully linked with router but is not detected by computer. Any advice? Bill Stevenson

bremner 17:26 PM 29 Jan 12

Have you installed the drivers and associated software?

weebil 23:10 PM 29 Jan 12

Yes, done that. I should say that if the USB cable option is selected then there is no problem. It's just the wireless function that doesn't function. I go through all the procedure for wireless setup but when the the PC trys to locate the printer - it isn't found! Weird.

frybluff 08:02 AM 30 Jan 12

I had what sounds like the same problem, and found that my laptop was "holding" a "failed document", in a print queue. All it told me, though, was "printer not found". When I found this "failed document", and deleted it, my laptop miraculously found the printer. Obviously, may not be cause of your problem, but worth a check.

bremner 08:03 AM 30 Jan 12

Could your firewall be blocking the connection?

muddypaws 09:11 AM 30 Jan 12

Have you disconnected the USB lead? On my Kodak it wont recognise both at once.

weebil 14:46 PM 30 Jan 12

Checked firewall - ok. No failed documents Have only used USB cable for non-wireless connection. When cable is disconnected then printer is not detected. Thanks to all.

frybluff 15:42 PM 30 Jan 12

Hate to state the obvious, but if you look under "Devices and Printers", on your PC, does it show your new printer as the "default printer"?

weebil 14:55 PM 01 Feb 12

Reply to "flybuff" It lists the printer in Devices & Printers but when trying to print it is noted as "offline"

weebil 18:48 PM 01 Feb 12

Problem solved - it seems it was a firewall blocking after all.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites