Wireless printer not connecting wirelessly on secondary Device....my laptop

julius44 08:05 AM 26 Feb 12

Good morning to you all, I have the A wired desktop pc, and a wirelss toshiba C660 laptop, both are runningg windows 7, 64 bit. Desktop is connected with a wired connection, and laptop is connected wirelessly. I purchased an Epson Sx235 wireless printer, the pc is conncted to the printer with wired usb connection, and it works fine, ive decided to install the cd on my laptop this morning so I can print wirelessly with it. I've installed the software on laptop, but my printer does NOT seem to find my laptop,.... When i click on the Epson net setup , and click on next, it says connecting to printer,....the printer wi-fi light just flashes orange and green, likes it searching for the printer, then it just says cannot find the printer!!! Any suggestions please??

Taff™ 08:33 AM 26 Feb 12

I had this problem with an SX425 recently. First of all remove all the Epson Software from the laptop and reboot. Then use the Epson CD to reinstall it but don't use the secondary device option. Treat it as a brand new wi-fi installation and install everything using the express method. (Not Custom install)

If that doesn't cure the problem. Make sure the printer is shared on the desktop computer and set up the wireless manually on the printer settings menu.

northumbria61 08:35 AM 26 Feb 12

Have you shared your printer? Try going to Devices & Printers - right click on your printer - select Printer Properties - Sharing Tab - Share this printer - Apply - OK

julius44 08:54 AM 26 Feb 12

Now sorted, thanks loadz i should have installed the correct wi fi settings all done now.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…