Wireless Popup

pj123 16:56 12 Jul 06

I have two computers connected to BB via a router and adapter.

On the PC with the adapter I keep getting a popup that says:

"Wireless Connection is now connected.
Signal Strength: Excellent"

Can I stop this from keeping popping up. It seems to happen about every 4 or 5 minutes. I keep clicking on close (the X) every time.

ade.h 17:54 12 Jul 06

Hello pj. Is this a Windows-style pop-up or is it generated by your adapter's software? (This is on your Win 98 PC, yes?)

A non-selective approach is to disable balloon notifications, which will apply to any program that uses them, but I'm coming from an XP perspective and I honestly don't know whether 98 has the same ability. In XP, I use TweakUI to remove the balloon tips. Perhaps the 98 version of TweakUI (if you have it) has an equivalent.

pj123 18:04 12 Jul 06

Hi ade.h. No the PC with the wireless adapter is on Win XP. The "balloon" comes up from the System Tray.

spikeychris 18:10 12 Jul 06

click here;en-us;307729&sd=tech for a reg hack. It will however disable all ballon popups.

ade.h 18:10 12 Jul 06

That makes it easier then. Get a copy of TweakUI from the Powertoys site click here. Go to Taskbar and Start Menu and uncheck Enable Balloon Tips.

spikeychris 18:10 12 Jul 06
  pj123 14:47 30 Jul 06

This thread not relevant anymore as I have now gone back to Win 98SE on this computer.

The popups don't occur with Win 98SE.

Ticked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5