Wireless phone extension

Yokehead 18:12 01 Jan 03
  Yokehead 18:12 01 Jan 03

A Happy New Year to all!

I want to hook up my pc (56k modem already on board)to the internet, in a room that has no phone point. Instead of running an extension cable all over the house from the existing single phone point I'd like to consider a wireless extension setup. I've seen that products are available in the US that use the power circuit in the house(e.g. from Powerlinephones, RCA) but can't find anything for sale in the UK.
Does anyone know of a product and seller here?

Forum Editor 18:30 01 Jan 03

and forget about trying to connect in any other way than to a phone extension.

Power line internet access has been trialled in several European countries (including the UK) but it is never likely to be more than a niche application. There are technical problems - mostly associated with radio emissions - and as the internet access would have to be provided via electricity sub-stations it may be too expensive. Each substation in the UK distributes to a maximum of 200 consumers, and this would mean heavy capital cost to install to a big userbase. In the US they have a technology that can operate on the grid splitters - thus providing a service to multiple sub-stations - but as far as I know nothing similar has been tried here.

fitshase 00:58 24 Jan 03

click here

Best option

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…