wireless or wired

LEGGGGY 15:19 16 Nov 04

for kids bedroom pc and downstairs laptop, whats best and how do you do it as i'm confused by all the jargon and all the mixed reviews....

TomJerry 16:15 16 Nov 04

total cost will be less than £100

Do you want hand holding?

TomJerry 16:20 16 Nov 04

(1) how many PCs you have?

(2) do you have boradband already? with who?

(3) laptop has wireless capability?

(4) other PCs have network/lan/ethernet connection port? If not, are you willing to open up PC and insert a component?

LEGGGGY 18:10 16 Nov 04

have a desktop and laptop, currently have aol dial up but just got pack for aol broadband silver niether pcs have wireless cards, i assume desktop has the other things you mention !!!!!!

LEGGGGY 19:10 16 Nov 04

any clear and simple answers please

TomG 19:15 16 Nov 04

Without stating the obvious the best bit about wireless is the lack of cables - setting up with xp is relatively simple whichever method you use.

I've heard the network kits that use the house wiring are quite a hassle

LEGGGGY 19:18 16 Nov 04

thanks,,i have windows me on desktop and xp on laptop is this ok ??

TomJerry 19:25 16 Nov 04

they use something which is not standarded (this is what I know for a few years back).

The stuff I suggested here may not work with AOL unless someone correct me.

I will suggest something, but I do not know if they will work with aol even they will work for most other isps

£76.21 D-Link DSL-G604T 54Mbp Wireless ADSL Router w/DWL-G122 USB Adapter, router one one wireless adaptor for desktop click here

£23.55 D-Link DWL-G650+ AirPlusXtremeG+ 54Mbps Wireless Cardbus Adapter for laptop click here

very easy to set up by following manual which come with devices

LEGGGGY 19:38 16 Nov 04

are wireless cards easy to fit

LEGGGGY 19:40 16 Nov 04

many thanks for help

TomJerry 21:12 16 Nov 04

they are external, just plug in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…