Wireless Optical Mouse - Installation Problem

Dirty Dick 13:55 15 May 06

Just purchased an Advent Mini Wireless Laser Mouse (ADE-WNL1) from PC World. Got it home & can't install it onto my Laptop. No problem installing it onto my Desktop. When I plug in the transmitter to the USB port on my laptop I don't get the normal Windows Bing-Bong (think that decsibes the sound) but I get a Bong-Bong-Bong !!! When i inplug the transmitter I get the ususal sound (Bong-Bing) Can anybody help, please

Thanks

DD
(Just read this post and its technology help I need NOT psychiatric !!!

Fingees 14:01 15 May 06

Have you tried installing to another usb port.

It might just be that the laptop cannot supply enough current to run the transmitter.

A desktop is usually 500 ma, but a laptop is not always so powerful.

Dirty Dick 14:04 15 May 06

Yes, I have three USB ports on the laptop & have tried all of them.
I have had a wireless mouse running ok for the last two years, but unfortunaltey broke the transmitter on that one. So \i think there is enough power for the transmitter.

DD

amonra 14:09 15 May 06

Have you un-installed the old mouse before installing the new ? Might be worth going through the proceedure once again.

Dirty Dick 14:17 15 May 06

No, I've not unistalled the old mouse, how do i do that?

DD

Dirty Dick 14:36 15 May 06

I've managed to solve the problem. I had the Laptop touchpad still turned on, and i think the touchpad & the mouse were conflicting. Everything went ok when I turned the touchpad off

Thanks everyone

DD

Dirty Dick 09:51 20 May 06

Unfortunately this thread is not resolved. I have let my Laptop go into Hibernate over night, and when I get Windows to resume, the wireless mouse won't respond. When I go through the troubleshooting, I go to the Device Manager, where there is a little yellow exclamation mark alongside the mouse. I then uninstalled the mouse & tried re-installing it, but can't get it to work.

HELP PLEASE

DD

Dirty Dick 15:38 21 May 06

I took the mouse back to PC World & they exchamged it for a new LOGITECH mouse, which is ok

polo 16:16 21 May 06

Wireless mice are a pain in the butt. Some people get them to work efficiently though. Both my wife and I have had several and all would constantly cease to operate for no apparent reason. We've given up on them and gone back to a quality mouse with thin wire. Can't really see any advantage in being wireless, just a fashion fad?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…