Wireless not working

flintyhawk 23:45 27 Oct 07

Hi,

I seem to have developed a problem over night of my wireless connection through windows xp not working!

One minute it was the next it is not able to connect.

My wireless is switched on, i can see the networks, its all set to automatic and windows is th eonly program trying to connect. For some reason my wireless just wont connect yet another laptop next to me does!!!

I cant think of any updates i have done, or any software changes and i cant roll back a driver.

The router works(BT home hub)as another system can connect as normal.

Is there anything else i can try, bearing in mind i can see the network list!

Thanks for any help.

brundle 00:27 28 Oct 07

Re-enter the network key?

flintyhawk 00:29 28 Oct 07

Tryed that, i cant even connect to un secure networks, im beggining to think its broke but cant understand why it would still be able to see the networks but not connect.

brundle 00:32 28 Oct 07

Built-in wireless? Look in Windows update, check History, see if `improved` drivers for your device have been installed, you may need to roll them back if that's the case.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:08 28 Oct 07

1. Start -run _ type services.msc - press OK.
Check Wireless Zero configuration is started if not set to Automatic and click start.
Retry to connect

2. Uninstall and reinstall the irless drivers.
Retry to connect.

flintyhawk 13:51 28 Oct 07

Ok done that, i now get a message when windows trys to "detect the network type" saying ... "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network my no longer be in range. Please refresh and re-try"

If i click on another secure network it get to the point of asking for the network key tho, but i have not changed anything on my homehub so i cant understand that.

I can still see the same networks etc.

Any other ideas?

terraphoto 15:02 16 Nov 07

You have described EXACTLY what has just happened to me! My laptop is fine but sometime last night the desk top lost the connection and thats it! Like you I can see but not connect! Any luck at all?

postie24 15:46 16 Nov 07

Right click the wireless icon and choose repair,what message comes up?

terraphoto 17:04 16 Nov 07

Takes ages but eventually says it cannot complete connecting wireless and suggests I contact network manager (well me I guess!) I'm typing this on my lap top wirelessly next to the desk top!

flintyhawk 00:16 18 Nov 07

I went out and brought £24.99 expansion card from pc world. i never got it to work, re-installed and everything but nothing happened untill i got the new card. If you want my idvice do not be an advent laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rdave13 00:47 18 Nov 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…