Wireless not wireless

ikle_pixie 17:50 16 May 07

I've tried to setup my friends wireless connection. It says the wireless is running fine but when i try to uplug the computer from the back of the router, It says the pc has lost connection to the internet and then the wireless loses connection.
They've got a Netgear router and a belkin usb adapter. Is that ok?

howard64 18:37 16 May 07

either you have not set it up correctly or the unit is faulty. When I got my netgear router I set it up on my no. 2 pc [the one I use to test bits from other pcs on] this was done with an ethernet cable. I then set up the wireless with no. 1 pc. Since then no. 2 has been taken apart with no connection to the router. No. 1 can connect wirelessly although the router is not physically connected to anything other than the adsl filter. Hope this helps.

Dipso 21:19 16 May 07

Sorry if obvious but you are unplugging the correct cable i.e. the network cable and not the RJ11 which connects to the phone line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…