Wireless - not aquiring IP address

robbiem 19:43 10 May 06

I have set up a router which works fine LAN but am having problems when trying wireless. If I ask the laptop (dell & XP) to obtain the address automatically it just constantly tries to obtain one. I have checked the router set up and can't figure out what the problem is. Any suggestions. The laptop works fine wireless on a friends network which makes me think it is something to do with the router set up.

rsinbad 20:15 10 May 06

You would do better to post in the networking forum, However more info is required if members are to help you

what equipment do you have router/modem wireless adapters? and how have you set this up.

have a look click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:59 10 May 06

Your network needs to be first in the list of connectable networks. Has your router had encryption key put in as your laptop will need the same key.

woodchip 21:04 10 May 06

Do not setup encryption until you get a connection. First in Router under wireless copy the SSID and any passwords etc these have to go into Laptop WiFi software. There should be a icon in the system tray for this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…