Wireless with no router

dave_and_confused 23:12 04 May 05

Sorry if this sounds vague but I've seen a posting here that describes sharing a Broadband connection between two PCs wirelessly WITHOUT a router.

Secondly my mate had a "friend of a friend" round to share his broadband over two PCs wirelessly. The FoaF bought two wireless PCI cards and got nowhere after 5 hours. No router or anything else (apparently). I'm going to set him up with a CAT 5 Cross Over and ICS on Friday.

Can you (and if so, how) set up a wireless connection between 2 PC without a router? Can it be done with just 2 PCI Adaptor cards?

TomJerry 23:39 04 May 05

dave_and_confused 00:05 05 May 05

...will it work with more than 2 PCs?

TomJerry 10:42 05 May 05

Strawballs 14:46 05 May 05

click here see if this answers your question if not just put "ad hoc" into the search bar of this site and you will get 10 threads on this subject

mgmcc 15:05 05 May 05

Why will it not work with more than two PCs in "Ad Hoc" mode, as neither ICS nor "Ad Hoc" (Peer to Peer) wireless networking is restricted to only two PCs?

Brian-336451 15:31 05 May 05

see title

dave_and_confused 21:54 05 May 05

Thanks..... Looks like i have some reading to do.....

Dipso 22:19 05 May 05

click here

Quote "how to wirelessly network a second or third computer without the expense of a wireless router" so they seem to think it can be done with more than 2 PC's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…