wireless nitemare....

Roo247 20:08 03 Sep 06

Good evening all

I am in some dire need of some help from you patient and understanding people.

I have an Acer Aspire 3613WLMi laptop, with a Broadcom 802.11g adapter, trying to hook back up to a Linksys WAG54GS router.

Ok, heres the little problem (little he says, rolling his eyes backwards). All was ok till a few days ago when i started to lose connection intermittently, the speed was going down gradually too when i hovered over the icon in the lower right hand corner, on start up of the connection it would say 54.o mps...and then it would drop to sometimes 1.00mps and then lose connection completely. When i refreshed the available network list, the router wasnt visible, but another was which i think is my neighbours, so i tried to connect to that, it would with no problem, and then low and behold, the Linksys would re-appear on the list. So i connect to that one, and guess what........yep, it loses speed then dissapears. I have re-set the router, and tried to configure it again, no joy. Another weird thing is, that whilst playing about(and heres where i think i may have upset things even more) some different settings have appeared on the page. AND when i got to repair the wireless thingy, it wont complete the operation as it says it cannot disable the network adapter.

Can anyone give me some slow and easy, in english instructions on what the settings on the lap top should be please?

not sure what information you will need to help me, but i can try and find out anything you need to help you to help me....

ade.h 20:46 03 Sep 06

click here Duplicated thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5