Wireless Nework - Outlook Express

Dirty Dick 10:48 10 Aug 04

I run a Wireless Network, Desktop PC + laptop at the moment. On both PCs I have Outlook Express as my default e-mail programme. I have an ISP account with BT (Broadband). When I receive e-mail sometimes it shows on one PC, someimes the other, and just for good measure sometimes on BOTH !!. Can any one explain why this is, and is there any way of gettimng the e-mails to show on both?

hillybilly 12:45 10 Aug 04

This simply a case of which ever machine you are using at the time, when you access your BT postbox you are downloading your mail.

I would suggest you only have the account setup on one PC to send and and recieve and on the other you have it set up to send only. That way all your incoming mail will be in one place on one PC only.

You cannot to my knowledge, have emails duplicate themselves onto two PC's.

Taff36 13:35 11 Aug 04

You can set one up to "leave copy on the server" and the other one will always download them. The first computer may (copy) download some of the e-mails if you happen to be using it but the second will get them all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…