Wireless Networks detected but none in list...

KatyLibby 14:55 14 Sep 08

Hi,
I have a Acer Aspire 5000 and I can no longer connect to the interet...my wireless button is blinking showing it is enabled and a bubble appears saying wireless networks have been detected but when I click on the bubble and refresh the Available Wireless Networks list, nothing appears. Other laptops in my house are able to connect with no problems. Please help!! I am completely IT illiterate so please keep it simple. Thank you!!

ambra4 15:31 14 Sep 08

Set up a wireless network

click here

KatyLibby 15:37 14 Sep 08

Any more suggestions anyone?

mgmcc 21:36 14 Sep 08

Within your wireless adapter's software, it should have saved a "profile" which it uses to connect automatically to your wireless network when it is available. See if you can find that, delete it as it may have become corrupt and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again. In other words, run the wireless adapter's software, scan for "Available Wireless Networks", find and highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

ferdinent 18:18 16 Sep 08

Hi

Check the SSID broadcast is enabled in the router ,

Some people have erroneously attempted to improve security by turning off the broadcast of the SSID.To a user, depending on the wireless software, the network either does not show up, or is displayed as "Unnamed Network". In any case, one needs to manually enter the correct SSID to connect to the network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017