wireless networks

Blubottle 28 May 11

Hi, I have been using Win 7 for a couple of weeks now with a netgear router. I can't find the list of local networks, are they hiding somewhere? regards

Taff™ 28 May 11

Click on the wireless icon in the system tray near the clock, maybe click a second time and then click on connect/disconnect. (Assuming its a wireless network you`re looking for)

The Kestrel 28 May 11

If Widows 7 is similar to Vista, then Start - Control panel - Network & Sharing Centre - Connect to a network, should bring up a list of available wireless networks.

Blubottle 29 May 11

None of those work.

tullie 29 May 11

Are you doing this whilst wired ore wireless?They will only show up if wireless.Have you switched on your wireless connection,on what i assume is a laptop.

Blubottle 09 Jun 11

Not a laptop, a desktop, yes wireless enabled,

onthelimit1 09 Jun 11

look here for a guide

woodchip 09 Jun 11

Right click on Network in System tray near clock then open network connections

Nontek 09 Jun 11

Or click on Start, then My Network Places.

Nontek 09 Jun 11

Ooops, didn't finish ..... then click on View Network Connections.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message