Wireless Networks

Rhuddlan 18:48 20 Apr 07

Evening All,

I have Orange Livebox installed on my desktop pc and all is fine, have purchased a Belkin adapter for my laptop so I can get wireless, but after installing the software and enterting the network key, it tells me that the key was incorrect after serveral attemps? No network can be found, but it's ok on the desktop pc?

Anyone help?

ozzy 123 21:33 20 Apr 07

hi mate are you sure your laptop is not allready enabled for wireless net working so all you need to do is press the activation button.

mocha 03:57 21 Apr 07

If the software you installed is Belkins own, you might find that it only supports WEP security. Whilst your router is probably set up to use WPA-PSK. If thats the case get windows to manage your Laptop wireless connection. This supports WPA-PSK.

laurie53 10:12 21 Apr 07

I have found Belkin to be a bit flaky at times.

I have been able to cure some problems simply by using a different USB port. Yes, I know there's no rational explanation, but it sometimes works for me!

Laurie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…