Wireless Networking puzzle

jpurcell111 11:33 25 Apr 08

PLEASE HELP! I have: PC (Windows XP), a BT Voyager 2091 Wireless ADSL Router, an XBOX 360 and a D-Link DWL-122 Wireless Adapter.

I am trying to see if I can connect to XBOX Live using said wireless adapter which I've had lying around unused for a while. If this is not at all possible with the above components then please stop me here.
As yet I haven't been able to get this far because of some infuriating hurdles: I have lost the installation CD for the USB adapter (containing drivers, manual, warranty etc.) so naturally I googled the driver and have downloaded the appropriate version. However, when I attempt to open the driver from the start menu, NOTHING HAPPENS. And I mean nothing.
Does this mean I need the CD to run the driver?
I've followed the instruction book to the letter which tells me to plug the device into the PC and wait for the Found New Hardware Wizard. This does not initiate either and when try to find the device manually, it gives me a 'code 10: device cannot start'.
I have tried and tried and tried to figure this one out for myself but every new avenue of possibilty I take turns into an equally painful cul-de-sac.

I would be eternally grateful for a helping hand

brundle 14:49 25 Apr 08

Ensure the Wireless Zero Configuration service is running; click here

brundle 14:51 25 Apr 08

This driver? click here

brundle 14:53 25 Apr 08

Does anything show up in Device Manager as `Unknown Device` when the adaptor is plugged in?

brundle 14:56 25 Apr 08

Does anything show up in Device Manager as `Unknown Device` when the adaptor is plugged in?

jpurcell111 15:15 27 Apr 08

Upon further investigation, you have to use the official XBOX wireless adapter. Thanks again Microsoft

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…