Wireless Networking with a PDA

RickH0684 18:25 02 Nov 05

Evening,

I'm really hoping someone can help as it seems a waste to have wireless availability on my phone whilst I dont have a wireless router. However my computer does also have the ability to go wireless.

Is it possible to tell my computer running XP Home SP2, to act as a router then share my cable internet connection so that I could use my pda, for whatever reason to go on the net??

Hope someone is able to help, most grateful either way.

Ricky

Forum Editor 18:40 02 Nov 05

to surf the net via a wireless network, but you'll obviously need to set the network up in the first instance.

I have a wireless PDA and I use it to check email when I'm on the move. Surfing is pretty frustrating though - all that scrolling about.

RickH0684 18:51 02 Nov 05

Sorry, didnt make myself clear, I dont have a wireless network setup, although both my computer and the PDA which btw is an O2 XDA IIi both have wireless adaptors, can i tell the computer to act as a router, if need be so that the PDA see's it and then allows it to use it???

Cheers Again!

Rick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…