Wireless Networking - PCMCIA II Adapter

Greengage 17:51 09 Apr 04

I am networking my PC(Win98SE)with my laptop(XP Home,1500AthlonXP,256 memory with 32 shared).
I have just purchased D Link DI-614+(router) and DWL-650+ which I installed without too much of a problem yesterday. The wireless network connection worked OK although internet connection on the notebook with the PCMCIA II (650+) was a little slow.
When I started the laptop today, after a minute or two and before accessing the internet, I received a blue screen stating:
'A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows up-dates you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove
newly installed hardware/software, disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable
components, restart ,F8, Advanced start up option and then start Safe Mode.
Technical information:
STOP0X0000000D,0X77F9ED02,0X00000002,OX00000000,OX75F9ED02
Beginning dump of physical memory.Dumping physical memory to disk.'
I re-booted a couple of times and even accessed the internet but after about two minutes, I got the blue screen again. I uninstalled the 650+ and the software and started the install again. Matters went OK and I had uninterrupted access to internet. When I wanted to log off, I safely removed the hardware(650+)and booted down. After a while, I inserted the 650+ plus and booted up. Once booted and after about 2 minutes, the blue screen returned. After leaving this as it was without any action, the notebook re-booted at which time it told me that the computer was recovering from a serious error. After clicking "OK" the blue screen subsequently returned within a couple of minutes.
I have checked Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Network Adapter DWL-650+ that the drivers are properly loaded and up to date.
I contacted D Link who told me it was a hardware problem - contact laptop manufacturer which I am loathe to do. Contacted the internet vendor company which stated that it was a software problem and that I should uninstall drivers and re-install from D Link website. This I did but it turns out that I already had the latest drivers installed. I am still getting the blue screen coming in after about two minutes although on one occasion this afternoon, while connected to the internet, it lasted about 20 minutes before displaying blue screen.
Any expert advice would be appreciated.

VoG II 18:12 09 Apr 04

I'm not sure if click here will help.

Greengage 14:56 13 Apr 04

Many thanks for your response - apologies for the delay in responding but I have been away for a couple of days.
Your suggestion seemed to be the answer as it fitted my problem almost to the letter. I have been in touch with Microsoft Support and have downloaded the Hotfix described in the KB but regrettably, it has not resolved my problem. Your efforts were much appreciated however.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…