wireless networking how ...

Hucky 14:34 08 Dec 04

hi guys...i am tryin to share files with another pc and am wonderin how i go about it...we are both connected to broadband by means of a router

oicd2000 17:29 08 Dec 04

Hucky, I have a similar problem... maybe someone can help us both :-)

I have a wireless lan router and 3 PCs. Need to connect each PC to network and the connect router to an ADSL modem. Particularly concerned about security. Am using XP Pro (service pack 1 installed). Can anyone give some guidance or referwence to sources of information. Thanks.

Kegger 17:40 08 Dec 04

OS doesn't really matter, i have a wired and wireless set up using / Sharing BB, Printers x 2 and access from all 7 PC's to all 7 PC's hard drives but tend to make copying to / from PC to a specific folder created by my self on each PC laptop. couple of rules to make it all work, give each pc a static ip address in the range 192.168.0.X increasing by one as you add PC Printer etc starting the router as 192.168.0.1 then make sure all PC's are in the same workgoup, then enable file sharing. then from a command prompt ping each item from each item ie main PC ping router (192.168.0.1) main to other PC ping 192.168.0.2 etc, i will monitor replies if you need further info

TomJerry 17:43 08 Dec 04

PCA also did a piece a few issues ago. If you do not want to read paper version of mag, look homenethelp web site click here. Do not want to read anything, pay someone to do it.

Kegger 17:51 08 Dec 04

as TomJerry says PCA did a guide back along or click here for more in depth view

TomJerry 20:49 08 Dec 04

you can get everything from broadbandbuyer click here, prices are reasonable

Leslie-212488 08:40 22 Jul 05

nvidsd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…