Wireless Networking grief!

jonbartlett 11:35 03 May 04

I am having big problems with getting my sisters wireless networking set up to work. I have the same set up in my house, works perfect, in her's nightmare!!!
I am using a Netgear dg824m and ME101 USB adaptors.
I have 1 machine hooked up to the router via ethernet, this woks fine, but the other two machines have different problems connecting wirelessly:
Machine 1 is on a different floor to the router and will not connect up, the wireless adaptor has installed ok and the netgear utility is scanning, but no joy. My sister tells me that there is a big steel girder in the ceiling above this machine, I wonder if this is sapping the signal?
Machine 2 is baffling me particularly though. I cannot even load the drivers for the USB adaptor! It goes through the netgear software load OK but when I plug the USB adaptor in, it tries to load the driver but then fails saying that the required file is not found. I have tried everything, copying the driver file to a different location, installing it manually but to no avail, any ideas anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…