Wireless networking again

Just set up wireless net work at home on two computers, both running netgear 54 mps pci cards version 2,also using netgear dg834gt wireless router. I sort have got it set but should it scan all channels all the time? Reason i am asking is because it comes up wireless connection 54 mps, then a minute later it comes up wireless network connection unavaliable!

Charence 19:02 02 Feb 05

It shouldn't keep changing channels, you should be able to set the Router, Network Card the channel to operate at. They've all got to be the same.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:28 02 Feb 05

Have you used the NETGEAR smart wizard to set up the connection to the router, scanned, named a Profile and saved it?

ye i have tried enter a profile name, but it wont save it for some reason. does the network have to be named SSID or can i call it what ever i want?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:15 03 Feb 05

For security reasons I would ensure you change the router SSID name via the admin configuration set up window. Use the same name in smart wizard for all PC's to connect to, you should I believe then be able set a profile name, save it and apply the settings.

See how you get on with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…