wireless networking

AndyB123 20:19 18 May 03

Can any one help with this one?. I am trying to set up a wireless network to connect 4 PC's at home. The PC's are running a mixture of windows OS, Win 98, Win ME and Win XP. So gfar I have set up two of the PC's with Belkin 54g wireless network cards and connected a Belkin54g Wireless Network Access Point. Each PC can access the WAP but do not show up in the network, I have set sharing for files etc, but still unable to form a network between the two PC's. I have held back from upgrading the other two PC's untill I can see the first two PC's in network. Any help most appreciated

chorlton 20:45 18 May 03

if you are given the option, there will be a setting to change whether the wireless network operates in an ad-hoc manner or a structured manner (WAP). Try both, and see if you can isolate the problem. Also try disabling any encryption to see if that is causing a problem.

Forum Editor 20:51 18 May 03

any firewalls on the two computers, and make sure they both have the same workgroup name (MSHOME by default), and that they have different computer names.

Most of the Wireless network access problems I deal with for clients are related to firewalls and workgroup names.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…