wireless networking

ronaldm 21:13 28 Feb 08

wanted to find out if it is possible to connect a wireless laptop to a lan i created using a bt router we use for our broadband. the other computers are connected by ethernet cables to the router so managed to create a lan, wants the wireless laptop to join as well, is that possible wirelessly

Dipso 21:39 28 Feb 08

I think you would have to have wireless capabilites on one of your other computers but would have to have that one switched on whenever you wanted to connect via the laptop. It would be much easier replacing the router with a wireless one.

ronaldm 21:56 28 Feb 08

the router is wireless

woodchip 22:02 28 Feb 08

all you need do is go into router Setup Page using Internet Explorer, you put the Router Address in the bar at the top, Like fore my Wireless it is 192.168.1.1 but do not know what yours is then press enter. You could try mine, last two number change for different routers You need the SSID from the Router plus any Encryption key to load into your wireless computer settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…