Wireless Networking

Newuser939 10:55 28 Dec 07

Please bear with me as I do not know much about networking. Currently I have a desktop running XP connected by ethernet cable to a BT Home Hub and a laptop running vista connecting to the Home Hub wirelessly. That all works fine. However, I now wish to move the desktop away from the Home Hub. I assume that the desktop will be able to connect to the Home Hub wirelessly if I get a USB wireless adapter. Is this correct and if so, are there any recommendations as to make and model of adapter which would work reliably with the Home Hub.

ambra4 11:19 28 Dec 07

Please Note

It is strongly recommended by All router suppliers that you use a physically connected cable to the Router via a Ethernet RJ45 cable for router setup.

Using a wireless connected computer for setup is NOT recommended to access router setup at any time.

As you can corrupt the router when the router is saving the new setting via a wireless computer

You will also lose the wireless signal when the router is rebooting

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:27 28 Dec 07

As your system is setup and working already, all you need to do is connect a wireless adaptor.

Run wireless configuration, input the security key (same as on the laptop) and ou should beable to connect oK.

Border View 11:31 28 Dec 07

Looking forward to seeing recommendations for any particular wireless adaptor.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:37 28 Dec 07

USB wireless adaptors all conform to the same standards therefore little to choose between them except price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…