Wireless networking

loopyloo 13:27 05 May 06

I have just clicked on the wireless connecion and opened up view available wireless networks and before I just had my linksys connection showing security enabled network connected, now I have another two appeared one called Miles _ lan,unsecured network the other belkin 54g security enabled. What has happened.

Doire_Bhoy 13:32 05 May 06

Are the orther two networks disbaled?

mgmcc 13:32 05 May 06

The "Available Wireless Networks" that your adapter is finding includes those of your neighbours ;-)

Doire_Bhoy 13:36 05 May 06

Hmmmmm....his neighbours wireless networks arent very secure then.

Mytob 13:36 05 May 06

As mentioned above your finding all available networks! For this reson id advise putting encryption on your wireless. It will not make your network invisible but will prevent just anyone accessing it! The encryption is fairly week though and i have seen various programs to break it but it better than none atall!

mgmcc 13:46 05 May 06

<<< his neighbours wireless networks arent very secure then >>>

Neither are my neighbours' wireless networks. I can pick up two UNSECURED networks, although the signal of one is too weak to support a connection.

Doire_Bhoy 13:47 05 May 06

<<<I can pick up two UNSECURED networks, although the signal of one is too weak to support a connection.>>>

You tried then? lol

loopyloo 13:50 05 May 06

Hi I have just looked at my network which is linksys and it was secured but now is showing unsecured can you tell me what to do. And how do I encruption.And these others which are showing are these ok as long as I don't connect to them.

loopyloo 13:51 05 May 06

Hi its me again I just looked again and its showing as security enabled. Why does it keep changing.

mgmcc 13:59 05 May 06

<<< And how do I encryption >>>

Go into the Wireless Security settings, per this screenshot click here and set up WPA encryption

Then when you "Connect" to your wireless network you will need to enter the "key" to be able to access it. The "key" is then saved so you don't have to re-enter it each time. The WPA key can be any string of between 8 and 63 characters, so you can use a phrase that you are likely to remember.

mgmcc 14:00 05 May 06

<<< You tried then? >>>

Purely for educational purposes ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…