wireless networking

niceguy_uk 12:22 21 Apr 06

Hi, I am using my centrino laptop with a Netgear DG834G router and want to add on my desktop to it. The desktop is a 98SE AMD Athlon with USB 1.1 port. I plan to buy the Netgear WG111 USB adapter but the product info says it needs a pentium pc with 2USB port. Will the netgear WG111 USB adapter work with my router? Please help. Thank you

pipedream 13:17 21 Apr 06

I believe it will work OK with your PC & USB 1.1 but you won't go any faster than around 12mbps(although this is still a lot faster than most broadband speeds). May be best to get one at (e.g.) PC World as it will be easier to take back if it doesn't work.

Chris-238213 16:08 22 Apr 06

It should work OK, USB 2.0 is backwards compatible with 1.1. I have a windows 98SE machine connecting wirelessly to my network via a Belkin G USB network adaptor and this is only running on USB 1.1 and it works fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…