Wireless Networking 2 PCs and Blueyonder Broadband

Geeky_Ali 19:37 30 Apr 03

I'm trying to help a mate with this one.
Trying to share a blueyonder broadband connection between 2 PCs.
Don't require sharing files between the PCs just this connection.
One PC runs XP the other Windows 98
Broadband connection is connected to an Intel wireless network hub/router. This is connected by cable to the network card on the XP PC. The Intel wireless hub has built in software which should allow the user to configure the connection by accessing via it's IP address.

This worked first time but ever since my friend can't access this and he was unable to set it up properly before.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how we could access the software on the hub again? Might the hub be faulty? It appears to be working (the hub) with lights flashing but not much else happening. Connecting the PC direct to the broadband connection still works.

kane_2002k 19:55 30 Apr 03

try switching the connection method for the xp and 98 pc and see what happens.

kane_2002k 19:57 30 Apr 03

check that u have clonced the mac address of the network card into the router, or have registered the routers mac address with blueyonder.

kane_2002k 19:58 30 Apr 03

soz router = hub, got confused

Geeky_Ali 21:43 30 Apr 03

Okay, thanks kane. I'll give that a go and see what happens. Fingers tightly crossed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…