wireless networking

Viv-208691 21:31 29 Feb 04

if i want to wirelessly network 2 pcs and a laptop for similtaneous broadband use do i just need a router and 2 wifi cards?? or do i use an 'access point' (im not so sure what these do)?? Also, can i use the same card with an n apple laptop or do i need a special card??
Anyhelp pwould be much appreciated

anon1 21:38 29 Feb 04
  JIM 21:40 29 Feb 04

Click on you thread title :)

Viv-208691 21:41 29 Feb 04

whats that jimmy??
have i somehow suppassed myself?

anon1 21:42 29 Feb 04

jim that is a feature of the site. certain words trigger adverts eg laptop

JIM 21:43 29 Feb 04

your right there laddie :)

Viv-208691 21:48 29 Feb 04

hmmm, u all right??
hmmm
any more help as regards original thread?? (thanks for link tho mr anon)

JIM 21:59 29 Feb 04

The SpeedTouch 530. Makes sharing your Broadband connection simple.

Whether connecting two computers one PC and an Apple Mac, or a PC and a games console such as the Xbox, the SpeedTouch 530 keeps your data secure with its on-board firewall.

The SpeedTouch 530 used to connect to Xbox Live

The SpeedTouch 530 supports Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). This allows Online capable games that support Direct X8.1 or later to configure the SpeedTouch automatically, thus ensuring a hassle-free gaming experience. There's no need to be an Internet Protocol wizard to enjoy online gaming with an Xbox or Windows XP machine and the SpeedTouch 530.

The SpeedTouch 500 series products are listed by Microsoft as compatible Internet Gateway Devices (IGD) on XboX Live.

For advanced users the SpeedTouch 530 includes an easy to use setup wizard and subscribers wanting help on home network configurations can obtain detailed information online at click here

click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…