wireless network update problem

rubygxx 10 Oct 12

Hello, i have a friends laptop here and the only thing i need to do now is figure out how to get the wireless network adaptor update when i cannot connect to the internet to get the update as there is a problem with the wireless network connection adaptor, it is in update but i cant download it, anyone know how else i can get it , thanks

rubygxx 10 Oct 12

Just had a look in device manager after running the troubleshooter for the pc, it said the microsoft virtual wifi miniport adaptor was not working, in device manager i found the yellow exclamation mark against it, tried to update driver and got this message, windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it - microsoft virtual wifi miniport adaptor, the laptop is an acer extensa 5230E windows 7 home premium, i have tried looking for the driver for this not had much luck, i do not think its the update i originally thought was the problem as the device manager had no problem with that . Thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10 Oct 12

download to another PC copy to mem stick

put mem stick in other laptop and point device manager to the on the memstick.

rubygxx 10 Oct 12

Hi fruitbat, i knew how to transfer from one pc to another , i was more worried about not getting the right driver , i finally found this driver :- atheros AR5B91 latest driver for acer extensa 5230E, downloaded it to my pc, transferred to external hard drive and installed it on the other laptop, it went through so far then i got this message - unable to copy this file - C:\users\Evelyn~1\AppData\local\temp(A7E9C95E-A9FC-4822-ACAD-907BD08DD665)\C3A32068-8AB1-4327-BB16-BED9C6219DC7\devAMD64.exe,C:\windows\temp\temp\devAMD64.exe. after i clicked ok it went on and said that driver was installed, but i still cannot connect to internet , going through troubleshooter and device manager i still get wireless network adaptor has a problem it cannot load the driver needed . Also when i was running another test to connect i got this -: there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection, there might be a problem with the wireless network connection adaptor, the microsoft virtual wifi miniport adaptor is experiencing driver-or hardware -related problems, help, im getting nowhere here, thanks

rubygxx 10 Oct 12

Hi fruitbat, i knew how to transfer from one pc to another , i was more worried about not getting the right driver , i finally found this driver :- atheros AR5B91 latest driver for acer extensa 5230E, downloaded it to my pc, transferred to external hard drive and installed it on the other laptop, it went through so far then i got this message - unable to copy this file - C:\users\Evelyn~1\AppData\local\temp(A7E9C95E-A9FC-4822-ACAD-907BD08DD665)\C3A32068-8AB1-4327-BB16-BED9C6219DC7\devAMD64.exe,C:\windows\temp\temp\devAMD64.exe. after i clicked ok it went on and said that driver was installed, but i still cannot connect to internet , going through troubleshooter and device manager i still get wireless network adaptor has a problem it cannot load the driver needed . Also when i was running another test to connect i got this -: there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection, there might be a problem with the wireless network connection adaptor, the microsoft virtual wifi miniport adaptor is experiencing driver-or hardware -related problems, help, im getting nowhere here, thanks

rubygxx 10 Oct 12

Hello Jock1e, no i have not tried deleting the driver in device manager, i tried updating but that did not work, also the updated driver i got was from another website as i couldnt find anything on the acer website, but i used your link and went and downloaded from there, put it on my external drive and installed on other laptop , it all seemed to install correctly, still no internet access from the other laptop, i keep coming back to this microsoft network connection adaptor, every test i run tells me it has a problem some say it cannot find load the driver, i think there may be a file or something missing in the windows system 32 drivers folder , i saw something come up on one of the troubleshooting attempts, i wrote down what it said but cant find where i have put it now, its bedtime , work early tomorrow so i will try again when i get home, also i did the repair this computer in safe mode, didnt help, cannot get online in safe mode either, thanks again

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message