Wireless network tab has disappeared

Dipso 21:26 02 Mar 05

I noticed the other night that this had gone from Wireless network properties after my wireless connection cut off after a conflict with my AV sender. I managed to get it back by removing my wireless card in device manager and after rebooting it reappeared.

I checked again last night and it has gone again! I have recently updated the driver for my Intel Pro Wireless card and this also installed the Intel management software so I no longer use Windows to configure the connection but I don't understand why the tab has dsappeared.

Should I be concerned?

FelixTCat 11:41 03 Mar 05

No, probably not. Have you resolved the issue with your AV sender? You will probably have to alter the channel used by either the AV sender, the wireless network, or both.

Dipso 13:14 03 Mar 05

No, haven't used the sender since. I've only just got the network stable after the problems connecting in b mode only which you kindly advised me on, so I didn't want to push my luck.

One thing I have found is, the connection is made much more quickly since I installed the Intel Software. I mentioned previously that it could take a good few minutes to find the network using Windows to configure, whereas now it is more or less immediate.

If I get brave enough this weekend I will have a go with the sender again. It was pointless buying it really if I can't use it.

Thanks again.

FelixTCat 13:35 03 Mar 05

You're welcome.

Still don't really understand the 11b/11g issue, unless you have one card on the network which is 11b only. Some routers don't like mixed networks.

Now you've got the Intel software installed, you might like to try 11g again.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…