Wireless network suddenly not working

4_wd 11:19 23 Aug 06

I've had a home wireless entwork set up for the last 4 months using a Netgear Router (DG834) and a corresponding Netgear Wireless Access Point (WG602). We've only had problems connecting a few times and this was quickly solved by unplugging and re-plugging the router connections. However, suddenly both my sister's notebook and my PC are unable to connect wirelessly.

This has being happening for the last week and on both machines the status is "Limited or no connectivity" even though the network is visible and the signal strength is 'excellent'. I've tried repairing the connection through Windows but it stumbles on "renewing your IP address". I've also tried ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew through Run, cmd but this didn't help.

If anyone can help it would be most appreciated! Thank-you!

FelixTCat 12:07 23 Aug 06

4_wd,

Have you restarted the router?

Regards,

Felix

4_wd 12:26 23 Aug 06

Yup, no luck :(

FelixTCat 12:39 23 Aug 06

4_wd,

If you are using wireless encryption, check and re-enter the key in both the router and the pcs. It may have become corrupted.

Regards,

Felix

4_wd 13:07 23 Aug 06

Thanks, I'll give it a go now!

mgmcc 13:38 23 Aug 06

Try deleting the "Profile" for the connection in your (and your sister's) wireless settings and go through the procedure to "Connect" again.

In other words, run the wireless adapter's software, scan for "Available Wireless Networks", find and highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. Once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac