Wireless Network sharing wireless broadband modem

acrobat270 19:35 20 Aug 03

Help.
Have a new broadband connection with a bt voyager wireless modem/router. I am struggling to set up my desktop and laptop. I have the desktop connected to the modem and surfing the internet fine. What I want now is to set up the laptop so I can carry on sharing files (via briefcases) as I did when just the 2 computers were involved in the wireless network and so I can surf the net from the laptop if i want. The pc has a USB belkin network adapter, the laptop a belkin wireless card. Both run win xp pro.

Have struggled all day as the laptop is searching for my old network and the desktop has connected to the 'btvoyager' for broadband. I have tried the home networking wizard and it messes everything up! I know when i set up my home wireless network I had to manually configure the ip address for the 2 computers to get them running and sharing a dial up connection through the pc. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…