//some 3rd party need geo

Wireless Network setup

Red Tigger 12:38 17 Jul 03

I have an ADSL connection and two computers - an HP desktop running XP, and a Toshiba Tecra running '98 SE.

I would like to set up a wireless home network to allow both machines to share the broadband connection and to be able to share files and a printer.

Can anyone suggest the best method to use or the appropriate equipment to buy. I've been looking to buy 'G' standard products but have been receiving conflicting advice. One retailer suggested that I would be better served if the wireless router replaced my existing ADSL modem whereas another said this wasn't necessary.

Any advice greatfully received.

Lozzy 16:36 17 Jul 03

you will need a 54G router gateway and one or more (depending on how many pc's you want on wireless) wireless cards. Try and get the ones that are compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g.

You will also need straight rj45 cables from PC to gateway/router access point and then asdl plugs into router,,

Magik ®© 17:28 17 Jul 03

if you are going the wireless way, as your heading looks like, you need a usb wireless adapter, and a card for the other PC, i have a win98PC and a XP laptop networked together, i got both mine from Linksys, BT also sell them..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…