Wireless Network Set up help

Jackie-222161 09:00 17 Oct 06

Hi. I want to connect 2 desktop pc's on a wireless network so that they can both share files/access the internet etc. I am currently running on aol silver with a BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL modem and have purchased a dlink DI-524 wireless router (and USB adapters) on the d-link installation disk it says to plug in a cable to one of the router ports numbered 1-4 and then it says to plug in a cable to the WAN port on the router and then one into the modem. problem is I don't have anywhere on the modem that will take an additional cable all it has is the power supply and a DSL cable port. How do I connect the kit together. apologies for my breathtaking ignorance but I'm new to networking and I'm finding the whole thing a massive headache! Do I need to install the usb adapters on both desktop pc's

mgmcc 11:40 17 Oct 06

Unfortunately, you have bought a "Cable/DSL" router suitable for use with Cable Broadband (NTL/Telewest) where the supplied Cable Modem does support an ethernet connection.

For ADSL Broadband via the phone line, it is strongly recommended that you use a *combined* Router & ADSL Modem, which replaces the existing USB modem.

postie24 18:55 17 Oct 06

Jazhaz click here

Jackie-222161 07:21 18 Oct 06

Thanks to mgmcc and postie24 for the info. I'll get the right kit and try again. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…