Wireless network security

RISC OS user 16:48 PM 06 Jan 12

I have added a new Laptop to my network, and it is via wireless my, 2 other computers are connected via a LAN. At first I was not able to get a connection even though my Internet Access was showing "Strength Excellent". Each time I was asked to enter my security code and each time was not able to connect. I have now changed the configuration on my Router as below:-

Wireless Access Point - PlusnetWireless

Interface Enabled: Yes Physical Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXX Network Name (SSID): PlusnetWireless Interface Type: 802.11b/g Actual Speed: 54 Mbps Channel Selection: Manual Region: Europe Channel: 1 Allow multicast from Broadband Network: Yes WMM: enabled

Broadcast Network Name: Yes Allow New Devices: New stations are allowed (automatically) Security Mode: WPA-PSK WPA-PSK Preshared Key: XXXXXXXXXXXX WPA-PSK Encryption: AES WPA-PSK Version: WPA2

My concern is "Allow New Devices: New stations are allowed (automatically)" is this leaving my network open to all? If I change the "Allow New Devices:" back to "New stations are allowed via registration" I am not able to connect. what should I do?

RISC OS user 11:09 AM 07 Jan 12

Thanks, that puts my mind at rest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…