Wireless Network puzzlproblem?

Alexp3 23:48 20 Jan 08

Hi there I was wondering if anyone could help,

The problem I have is with my wireless network. Me and my housemates have 5 laptops connected to cable internet (virgin) through a wireless router (D-Link DIR-655)

Recently after changing my laptop hard drive and re-installing windows etc I can no longer find my wireless network.

It is probably worth noting that i'm not too good at the technical lingo however what is confusing me most is that I can find 4 or 5 of my neighbours wireless networks through my laptop. Also my housemates laptops are still working fine connecting to the router.

Any advice would be much appreciated and please let me know if any more info is needed.

howard64 17:44 21 Jan 08

did you enter the wireless details for your network after setting up the new hard drive etc.? If whoever set your router up told it not to broadcast its details then unless you enter the correct info your system will never see the wireless network of your router.

Ashrich 23:06 21 Jan 08

I agree with howard64 , if the SSID is hidden , un-hide it , it does nothing for security , but can cause connection problems . Use one of the PC's available , connected to the router with an ethernet cable and log in to the router and see if the SSID ( in the wireless section ) is being broadcast or not .

Ashley

Alexp3 12:59 22 Jan 08

Thanks Howard64/Ashrich.

That seems to have done it. Much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…