wireless network problems

millsyx 19:10 09 Jun 04

I have set up a network with 2 computers and one laptop. The "main" computer is conected to the internet using a cable modem. A d-link 624+ router conects the coputer to the modem. The computer in the "kitchen" and the "laptop" use wireless cards to conect to the router. All the computers are on a network called "Home". All the computers can connect to the internet and download e-mails and all the computers can see the "home" network. The "kitchen" computer and the "laptop"ca see all the computers on the network, but cannot access anything on the other comuters, the "main" computer cannot see the other computers. When I try to access the the network it says "\\***** is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource.Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. the network path was not found." The computers are running XP Pro and the laptop is running XP home. I have run the network wizard and I have tried no encryption and encryption with the same result. Anybody Know what might be stopping me from accessing the folders on the other computers ?

mikef. 20:36 09 Jun 04

Have you got zonealarm, or possibly another firewall not set to network, on any of them as this is the message I get when I forget to switch it off before networking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…