Wireless network problem for a newbie

oily 18:44 16 Sep 04

I have a D Link DSL604 wireless router which I have managed to setup. I have set it up as per the booklet and it says I am connected (presumably to the internet) in the right box on the screen.
However I cannot open my browser and surf (or outlook express). Also my wifi laptop picks up the signal from the router but again cannot connect to the net.
My LAN connection is enabled where am I going wrong before I put the equipment on e bay

xania 20:49 16 Sep 04

Can yopu be a little more precise. Firstly, Whatr OS. Next what exactly happens when you try to open IE or OE.

oily 09:25 17 Sep 04

My operating system is XP home. When I open IE it tries to find home page and presumably as it is not logged on then goes to the did not find page.Same with OE it tries to check e mail accounts but doesnt get them and then gives the fault message.
Could it be a network setup problem?

Baledor 09:35 17 Sep 04

I believe it is you ISP provided connection settings in your router setup. Check with your ISP for settings such as PPPoA, MCU, and VC and check you have typed your username and password correctly.

I had a similar problem, could connect to the router, but only got 'page not found' when trying to access the internet, the MCU setting was 35 when support told me to change it to 38, it connected straight away. MCU could be MCI by the way, I am not at my computer at the moment.

Baledor 09:38 17 Sep 04

just found it on my router manufacturers website.

oily 10:10 17 Sep 04

Have had confirmation (at last) from isp and my settings are correct.MTU I have settings for that but where do I look for it. Also they say adsl modulation auto but I dont have that box on screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…