wireless network problem

sinbad1 12:09 14 Apr 04

Hi I live on a boat as do others in our location some of us have a wireless connection from the main building. we are at present using netgear usb connections. I would like to fit a network card with a small magnetic ariel to improve the reception. The only problem is that the length of the coax is only 20" and need an areil of around 8 feet to reach the top of the boat. Does anyone know of a supplier that does this. The boat is made of steel and signal inside is poor.
Roy

johnnyrocker 12:14 14 Apr 04

try click here .

johnny.

sinbad1 18:45 14 Apr 04

thanks but i still can't find a network card with a longer coax.i supose its a case of having one made up any ideas

byfordr 22:01 14 Apr 04

What usb adapter are you using?

Not sure if one of these blighters is what you need... click here

You can extend these with CAT5 cable to find the best spot for receiver (wireless b)

click here

R

Sam Witch 22:27 14 Apr 04

I had a look for a longer coax card, half solved the problem with a longer network cable to the router but was thinking of pringle tin antenna via click here from think geek.

sinbad1 07:28 15 Apr 04

thanks guys, at present i am using netgear usb adapter unfortunately they are not suitable for external use. it has to be waterproof.as i said they do a small waterproof magnetic areial ;but the coax is too short and would need an extension lead.but as yet not been able to find source?

georgemac 08:48 15 Apr 04

click here have a look through here - they have thousands of cables and connectors

sinbad1 21:15 15 Apr 04

thanks for that found suitable ex lead for antenna
thanks again georgemac.

sinbad1 21:15 15 Apr 04

thanks for that found suitable ex lead for antenna
thanks again georgemac.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…