Wireless Network Printing Problem

cocker9 15:30 16 Jul 04

I have purchased a wireless modem/router and now have a laptop (XP) connected to a PC (Win 98)via the wireless link. This works fine but I can't figure out how to print from the laptop to a printer connected to the Desktop. Is this possible with the equipment I have and if so how do I do it?

Would appreciate any help.

The PC Doctor 15:49 16 Jul 04

you may find that you can't but here goes anyway!

go to network in control panel and make sure you have ticked file and print sharing.

select the printer and going to properties share the printer using a simple one word (no spaces) name.

Right mouse click on my computer desktop icon and go to the network tab. make a note of the machine network name.

go to the machine you want to install the printer and use the new printer wizard.

select network printer and when asked, type in the network name of your printer - you could use browse but it will take longer and may not find it. You should end up with something similar to; \\pcname\printername in the printer box. you should be able to then install the drivers for the printer.

ok a couple of things - i would reboot after sharing the printer - i would keep my fingers crossed!

If this doesn't go as expected post back and we'll try from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…