Wireless Network Printer Problem

MARKKBOY 22:58 29 Dec 04

I have set up a wireless network,1xDesktop,2xLaptops all running Windows XP.Connected via Belkin 54g broadband router and 2 Belkin laptop cards.

They can see each other ok but the problem is I can not print from either laptop to printer which is connected directly to desktop.
Laptops recognise printer and have software for printer but when i try to print everything seems ok, but the print just goes to the desktop and sits in a print job queue.
Any ideas greatly appreciated,I have not attempted networking before so please try to keep replies simple!

Thank You very much
Mark

GORAL 20:50 30 Dec 04

Hi Mark

Wondering - have you set your various PCs for File and Printer Sharing? If you have in stalled the printer software on each PC this seems the most likely cause of your problem.

Control Panel - Network Connections - File and Printer Sharing.

Hope this helps.

Strawballs 23:30 30 Dec 04

Have you thought of getting a print server then you can connect the printer direct to network and as long as the printer is switched on then only the machine that you are printing from need be on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…