Wireless Network, please help!!

rich549 22:57 07 Mar 05

hey all,

ive just brought 2 d-link usb wifi 802.11b adapters in the hope of being able to connect my Windows 2000 prof laptop to my Win XP pc so that i can internet connection share from the pc.

would anyone be able to tell me how i go about creating this as i have tried and failed numorous times and i honestly do not have a clue what im doing with it lol.

thanks for any help ya can give.

Strawballs 00:36 08 Mar 05

What connection do you have (Dial up or Broadband)

FelixTCat 11:19 08 Mar 05

On the XP pc, go to Control Panel - Network Connections and open the Network Setup Wizard. This will talk you through the process.

rich549 11:51 08 Mar 05

I have broadband, and i have gone through network setup wizard and it has bridged my bluetooth connection which i use for my pda.

is there an easier way to do this and what do i need to do on my Win 2k laptop??

thanks for ya help.

FelixTCat 12:16 08 Mar 05

If you can't both bridge your bluetooth and share your broadband on the same connection, then you will probably have to invest in a wireless adsl router.

Look at this as a typical example: click here

With this one, you also get a much faster wireless USB connector: click here

rich549 12:20 08 Mar 05

the router is out straight away as 65 quid is too much lol.

is there any way i can do it with just the usb adaptors?

thanks again for the help.

FelixTCat 12:46 08 Mar 05

If you can't both bridge and share, you will probably have to choose which way to go.

rich549 14:19 15 Mar 05

ive sorted it out now i just needed to change the 1 at the end of the ip to a 2.

cheers for everyones help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…