Wireless network over ADSL modem

wobbler 19:49 14 Feb 04

I am trying to install a wireless network. Trouble is the ADSL modem is USB, so unless anyone can tell me otherwise, I believe I cannot put it in between the router and the telephone line as it will not be powered. Is there a way to connect this USB modem to an ethernet connection on the router and maintain the power to it?

wobbler 18:37 15 Feb 04

refresh

No, not unless ther is some form of USB pawer converter which I have not heard of.

The solution is to get a "Pure" ethernet modem into which you put all your log in details. This has the effect of being then an "Always on" connection in that is remains live even if the PC (or both PC's) are turned off thus keeping your wireless active.

Also, you could get a Modem / Router combined (Router with built in Modem) but then this would be wasteful as you would want to connect it to yet another router.

Try the D-Link DSL 300G+ - very good ethernet modem.

Some options to consider click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…